Buying an RV can be a tough choice. There are many types of RVs, which you can buy new or used. So how do you know if that shiny new RV is right for you or if one of the many still beautiful used RVs is right for you? Here are some pros and cons associated with each choice:
- You can get a larger RV at a lower cost.
- Your used RV won’t need as much time to “settle” and be the road warrior it could be.
- You won’t lose value in early depreciation of the RV.
- If it is your first RV, you get a better chance to figure out what you like.
- You can’t get exactly the RV you want built custom.
- You don’t have a manufacturer’s warranty to cover service or emergency expenses.
- You may need to get excess repairs if you don’t properly inspect the RV before purchase.
- You probably won’t get the latest and greatest features.
- You’ll get a warranty. This is invaluable to the cross-country RVer and a good thing to have if you plan on heavy and prolonged RV use.
- You get the exact model you want, with all of the accents and extras you want.
- There is less mileage on the vehicle, and you are the first to live in it.
- You might have to get a smaller model to compensate for the price.
- The vehicle depreciates in value within the first year.
- You may want a different type of RV soon after, as you find out what you like and don’t like.
Buying new or used RVs is a big task and can be extremely daunting. Here at Johnnie Walker RV, our experienced motorhome sales specialists will help you choose the right new or used RV for you and your lifestyle. Our knowledgeable, friendly sales staff is here to help you at any of our three locations.